Please read through this list of frequently asked questions before contacting us, as you may find the answer to your question right here.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does VEGGIE GALAXY donate food and/or gift cards to local organizations?
- I'd like to buy a VEGGIE GALAXY gift card. How do I do that?
- How can I apply for a job at VEGGIE GALAXY?
- I'd like to order a birthday cake/tray of breakfast pastries. How do I do that?
- Does VEGGIE GALAXY do catering?
- Does VEGGIE GALAXY deliver?
- Does VEGGIE GALAXY take reservations?
- Can you accommodate large parties?
- How do I know which items on the menu are gluten-free?
- Do you have any gluten-free baked goods?
- I am vegan AND gluten-free. Is there anything I can eat at VEGGIE GALAXY?
- I have severe nut allergies. Is it safe for me to eat at VEGGIE GALAXY?
- Why are you closed from 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. every day?
- Yes! We are proud to support our community and certain specific causes and groups. As you might imagine, a restaurant like VEGGIE GALAXY receives many such requests over the course of a year. We wish that we could donate to every worthy cause; however, as a small business, we have found it necessary to focus our resources where we feel we can have the most impact.
We proudly support many Cambridge non-profits, including the Brattle Theater, Cambridge Community Television, the Central Square Theater, City Sprouts, Cambridge Local First, Food for Free and some groups at MIT and Harvard. We also try to support as many food/hunger-related organizations and events as we possibly can.
If you believe that your organization falls within these parameters, please email us at the "donations" email address below.
- If you will be dining at VEGGIE GALAXY soon, just tell your server that you'd like to buy a gift card. If you live or work in the area and want to stop in just to get a gift card, you can do that at our front counter (next to the rotating cake display case - - bet you can't leave without a treat for yourself!). If you don't live in the area, you can purchase a gift card by calling (617) 497-1513. Please have your credit card information available. Our gift cards are available at both Veggie Galaxy and Veggie Planet and redeemable at both.
- VEGGIE GALAXY is always taking applications. Just ask at our front counter or email us at the "employment" email address below.
When we have an actual position to fill, we generally post the job description on craigslist.com.
- To order any baked goods (all of which are vegan), click here to see photos, descriptions and prices. To order, please use the "baker" email address below. For guaranteed availability, please allow 48 hours advance notice.
- Yes, we do limited catering. We would love to be at every one of your parties, weddings, and meetings, but at this point we don't have the space or staff to make it a big part of what we do. Please use the "catering" email address below to contact us.
- Unfortunately, we do not deliver. However, if you are near Porter Square, we sell special wraps and salads at Cambridge Naturals (http://www.cambridgenaturals.com/), in the Porter Square shopping center. We also provide cakes and pastries to our other restaurant, VEGGIE PLANET http://www.veggieplanet.net/, in Harvard Square.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to take reservations at this time. While we can't guarantee there won't be a wait depending on how busy we are, we'll do our best to accommodate you as quickly as possible upon your arrival. You are also welcome to give us a call 1-2 hours before visiting to give us a heads up regarding a large party or any special accommodations you may need.
Weekends can be very busy, so please know that we will get you seated absolutely as soon as possible. If you are open to sitting at the counter, that may get you seated faster, so be sure to mention that to the host when giving your name.
- We love celebrating birthdays, anniversaries and all sorts of special occasions with you. However, please be aware that our largest booth can only fit 8-9 people comfortably. If you would like to bring a party larger than 8-9 people, you will be seated at two separate tables. We'll do our best to provide neighboring booths/tables, although depending on how busy we are we cannot guarantee the availability of such seating. If you wish to bring a very large party (i.e. 16+), please contact us and a manager will be in touch to discuss your request.
- You are in luck at VEGGIE GALAXY, because we have a whole gluten-free menu! Our host asks everyone, as they are being seated, "would anyone in your party like a gluten-free menu?" If you need one, just say "yes!" You can view our gluten-free menu online here.
We do have several specials every day that are not on the menu, so if you are interested in one of them, just ask your server if it is gluten-free. Please note that we do not have a totally gluten-free kitchen, so we cannot guarantee that there won't be trace amounts of gluten in any menu item. Please alert your server as to your level of gluten intolerance so that we can do our best to accommodate your needs.
- Yes, we have one gluten-free cake each week available for patrons dining at VEGGIE GALAXY. Any of our layer cakes can be made gluten-free for special order (please use the "baker" email address below).
- All of our baked goods are vegan, and each week our baker features one cake that is also gluten-free. It would be safest for you to request the gluten-free menu, and then just select your meal from the items on it that are vegan. Any time cheese is part of a dish, we will happily substitute either our house-made vegan cheese or Daiya vegan cheese for you - - just ask your server. Everything on our menu can be made vegan, including our omelets and mac n' cheese!
- We respectfully suggest that this question is one that only you can answer.
Our staff has all been trained to know which dishes include nuts and other common allergens, so if you have a food allergy, please do let your server know that before ordering.
We take the dietary needs of our customers very seriously, and we want to keep you healthy and happy and coming back again and again. We try extremely hard to create a safe kitchen where there is no cross-contamination of possible allergens. However, please be aware that we DO use nuts/onions/garlic in our kitchen so cannot guarantee that there will not be trace amount of these potential allergens in any menu item. If your food allergy is life-threatening, we ask you to consider this before dining at VEGGIE GALAXY.
- Great question - - thanks for asking!
Because we make almost everything from scratch, including even our ketchup, there's a significant amount of food preparation that needs to occur. From 3:00 – 5:00 each afternoon our kitchen staff is prepping for the dinner shift. It just isn't possible for us to provide good service to customers during that time, so we shut down the kitchen and allow our chefs that concentrated time to get their necessary prep work done before the dinner shift.
The bakery and front counter remain open throughout that 3:00 - 5:00 time!
TO CONTACT US:
Questions for the Kitchen: